I asked some simple questions, such as: What are your thoughts on the class? What do you like? What do you dislike? Would you change anything? etc.
Here are a few of the responses I received this week:
- "I love this class. I enjoy being around everyone and get along great. I really enjoy the wet labs, especially the dissection. There really isn't anything I dislike about this class. I wouldn't change anything."
- "I feel that the class is hands on and I hardly ever lose attention because the material is so interesting."
- "I am really glad I got to be a part of this class. I really love the kids and new people I got to meet. The experiences I got and will get to have are amazing. I love that everything is hands on an independent. The new lessons every day can get overwhelming, but it's understandable. I really do enjoy coming everyday to learn something new."
- "I love the class. I like that it's not simply notes and tests, but a lot of hands-on projects and assignments. It makes me feel like I am really getting ready for real life, not simply learning useless information. I can't really think of anything to change - the pace is great, too."
- "I really enjoy coming to this class everyday. I like that we are always doing something new. I feel like I learn a lot in this class and that it's stuff I will use in the future."
- "I really like the pace of the class and feel like I learn way more here than at school. How fast things are graded I also like. I really don't dislike anything about the class."
- "I like the class a lot. It has influenced me to look at more science based careers, and it has helped me to better understand systems of the body. I think there should be more labs and less projects. It also has made me more aware of my own personal health."
- "I really enjoy this class. Telling others and my family what I get to do in here is always fun. I dislike that everything is still based around Anna."
- "I love this class. I feel like we get to do a lot of cool things that we wouldn't get to do at our high school. I like how the curriculum is based online and we do a lot of the learning ourselves, it's more of a college feel."
I did get some good feedback regarding some recent content that a few students struggled with and have supplemented that lesson with a little more direct instruction. I hope our recruiter can use some of my students' quotes during her high school visits. PLTW Biomedical Sciences really is a great program that exposes students to so much more than just basic biology content. Thankful and blessed to have a job (and students) that I love!