Students worked in pairs to figure out filtration, reabsorption and secretion in the nephron. This year we did posters rather than 3D models and I think it worked better. The students really seemed to focus on making sure they understood what they were putting on their poster. (Plus, they did awesome on their Lesson quiz!)
After a quick endocrine system overview, students were tasked with diagnosing a mystery endocrine disorder. I am always amazed at how hard students work during this project. They learn so much just through the research process of diagnosing their patient. I took a couple of pictures of the groups working together to figure out their patient's problem. Every group arrived at a diagnosis by the end of the class period. We will use their diagnosis to take a more in-depth look at the hormones produced by the affected glands.